*swirls chocolate milk in a wine glass*
Mind over matter.
A glimpse of life begins upon entering college. You can’t cram and expect to get away with it anymore. And the fact that so many people still do it gives way to failure or the so called “reality check.” In high school, you were used to being seen as a superior or treated as an inferior. But after the caps are thrown after graduation, a new life begins and a new chapter of your story begins to write itself. You begin to take on a new perspective on things and the beliefs of most high school students become foreign and sometimes even outrageously wrong to you.
At Long Beach, I bear witness to incompetence from many people because they simply do things wrong. People cheat, people are lazy, people sleep and text in class, and some of our professors feel the need to be sympathetic towards them because their class averages are shit but on a larger scale because they simply do not know what goes on in the minds of their students.
I will not place blame on others. I blame my trust issues for not having made many new friends. But I feel it’s a good thing that I try not to let people take advantage of me. It’s always good to be careful and try to eliminate that risk. As long as you remember to be happy, living life in an unfair world becomes a little bit easier because in the end, you just have to remember that your efforts alone will shape your destiny.
Fuck what others do. They will meet their destinies. So who cares about them.
I figured I’d write something for shits and giggles while I’m waiting for my appointment time to register for classes.
So goals… what are my goals for these next few years? I thought about it while I crashed and did absolutely nothing productive this weekend.
1) For college, well, my long term goal would be to get a masters degree in biology and eventually get a job that pertains to animals and/or to the environment. I want to do something I love and possibly make some major discovery.
2) Pass Communications 130 with an A. I’m possibly one of the worst public speakers among my group of friends. I’m absolutely terrified of it, but at the same time, I want to learn how to conquer my fear and excel in it. Passing Communications 130 with an A would definitely be a major accomplishment for me.
3) Get a 3.8 or higher cumulative GPA in college. Yes, we are there for the knowledge but I want my knowledge to reflect at least a 3.8 gpa. I want to master the curriculum. The grades are meaningless. The knowledge is power.
4) And this is totally unrelated and very unlikely but I want to break 5 in the mile. Running is the only thing these legs are good for and I love exploring. I want to be one with nature and run with the wind.
5) Mimic nature in my room. No I’m not going to turn my room into a jungle but I want to set up an aquarium. But rather than using typical pebbles or sand as substrate, I want to use dirt. As a Biologist who has a fascinating interest with animals and ecology, I want these two parties to live in harmony and work in synchrony but in the confines of a glass box. The box is my experiment. My room is my laboratory.
6) Just be happy.
|· goals ·|